Hello Beautiful! Welcome to Beautifully Blissed. I’m Lyn and I’m on a soul-guided mission to help women who are in the midst of midlife transition to redefine their purpose and create the lives they dream of living.
Are you ready to create a life you love?
If you answered, “YES!” it’s your lucky day. It’s no accident that you found your way here. I can help you navigate your way through your scary midlife transition and empower you to create an authentic, awesome life.
I will guide you through inspirational and relevant blog posts, coaching, and online courses.
It’s your turn to put your happiness first. (I can hear the critical voice in your head tell you that would be selfish. Tell her its OK. We’ll get to her later.)
Your past does not define you. No matter how traumatic your story, you can make the powerful choice to write a new chapter and create a life you love from the inside-out.
Life is intended to be joyful, exciting, creative, inspirational, and fulfilling. Yet how many of us get comfortable with the status quo and coast through life on auto-pilot?
You’re not the only one. Many of us stay in unfulfilling careers because we fear change. Many of us have lost the passion in our marriages because raising kids became our focus. Many of us lose sight of our hopes and dreams because our children became our purpose.
It may be hard for you to believe right now because you are smack-dab in the middle of scary midlife transition, but there are gifts in these life changing events. I like to call these times periods of contrast. This contrast helps us to get honest with ourselves about what is not working in our lives and to identify what we want to create.
Are you truly fulfilled with the status quo?
What is your midlife transition?
- Are you facing becoming, or recently became, an empty-nester and are asking yourself, “Now what”?
- Is your marriage unfulfilling because you and your husband have lost your way and you’re wondering if you can get “it” back?
- Are you recently divorced or widowed?
- Are you feeling stuck in a job that you hate and are ready to discover what you REALLY want to do next?
- Are you going through menopause and wondering what in the hell is happening to you physically, emotionally, and mentally…and where did your libido go?
- Are you about to become a grandparent for the first time or a new grandparent and you are not ready for this?
- Are you now caring for your aging parents, or have you lost one or both parents?
Whatever your midlife transition is, I would love to help you navigate your way through it. I will help you identify and release your fear-based thoughts and beliefs that are keeping you stuck. I will challenge you to bravely face your fears and push yourself beyond your comfort zone. I will support you in creating a daily self-love routine. I will cheer you on and call bullshit on the lies you tell yourself. I will help you see that you are enough and that you are worthy.
You already are everything you desire to be – you simply don’t see it yet because your light is dimmed by your fear-based thoughts and beliefs. When you begin to peel back the layers of the lies you’ve been telling yourself and meet them with love, you will begin to transform your life into one that you consciously create.
Your life will become rich and full of exciting adventures because you will fiercely chase your dreams not be concerned with what others think about you.
You will recognize your gifts and share them with passion.
You will see the beauty in each moment and you will be fully present to experience it.
You will dance with the flow of life, surrendering all that is out of your control to fix or change.
You will make your relationship with yourself a priority and you will become committed to nurturing all facets of yourself – body, mind, and spirit.
Your relationships will flourish because you will take back the responsibility of loving yourself and allow others the freedom to do the same.
You will become a bright light in the world attracting others to you that are as keenly awake and alive as you are
I know all this to be true because I have been on this journey of inner-healing and self-love for 30 years. I am committed to doing this inner work and my life has transformed in every area.
When I first went out in the world on my own as a young adult, my life was spiraling out of control. I felt empty, alone, insecure, and broken. I was barely existing, numbing myself with drugs and alcohol.
At 20 years old, I hit a personal bottom. My pain was bigger than I could numb and a breakup left me devastated. In complete desperation, I surrendered and begged the Universe to take away my pain and help me to heal my deep wounds.
Spirit answered my prayer all those years ago and led me to a group where my healing journey began. That was my starting point, and my journey has been one of constant learning, healing, loving myself, and saying “YES!” to the whispers of my heart and soul.
I have been through many, and still am in the midst of difficult midlife transitions, including:
- Working through big, scary marital issues and we came out strong on the other side of them
- I abused alcohol as a way to medicate painful feelings and spent 3 years alcohol free while I did deep healing work
- Moving across country with my husband and kids – twice
- Becoming an empty-nester
- Learning to nurture myself and find joy and peace in the midst of the pain that my son is a (recovering…today) drug addict and I was powerless to make him stop using and am powerless to keep him clean
- Becoming a grandparent before I was 50 and not feeling ready for that (I LOVE it now, but it was a tough pill to swallow because I didn’t feel my son was ready to be a dad)
- I am peri-menopausal and can’t say I’m looking forward to full-blown menopause
- Seeing my parents’ health decline and being powerless over their choices for their health and wellness
- Caring for my dad in his home during his final days of life with the assistance of hospice until he made his transition
- Recently retired from a comfortable 13-year career in dentistry to step into the scary unknown and start Beautifully Blissed
Which brings me to this moment. I have been hearing a whisper from my heart to guide women on this transformational journey for 19 years. I did not answer that calling and make it my life’s work because I feared failing. Instead, I made it a hobby and supported friends and acquaintances by sharing my story and encouraging them to do their own inner-work.
My soul was no longer whispering to me. It got very loud. It assured me it was time for me to fulfill my soul’s purpose of guiding women through their midlife transitions.
Are you with me? I know it’s scary to be in the hallway after one door closes and the next one hasn’t opened yet. I promise you the juiciness of life is waiting for you on the other side of this transition. I hope that you will join me. It’s a thrilling, scary, but amazing journey.
So, what’s your next step?
First, sign up to receive my free eBook, “10 Ways to Feel Happier Right Now”. It is a simple, practical guide that gives you tools you can immediately implement to help you feel happier in the middle of your midlife transition.
Be sure to come back often to read my blog. I write about topics that are relevant and will help you to stay on course as you design a life you love.
If you haven’t already connected with me on social media (Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest), be sure to do that. I will regularly post thought-provoking questions designed to help you gain clarity on your values, goals, and dreams to support you through your midlife transition and help you design your beautiful life.
I have created an awesome course called Creating Joy Through Gratitude that teaches participants to cultivate joyful lives from the inside out by creating a daily gratitude practice. Enrollment is currently closed, but will reopen in the Fall of 2016.
I am currently working on an online course that will teach you to create a beautiful self-love practice and help you to fall madly in love with yourself. It is going to be a powerful course that includes access to a private Facebook community with other loving, supportive women who, like you, are navigating their way through midlife transition. Stay tuned for details to be announced soon!
If you would like me to privately coach you, please email me at email@example.com and we will explore that possibility to make sure I am a good match for you.
You can do this! Your soul is longing for you to reclaim your brilliance and follow your dreams because the world needs YOU!
Some fun facts about me:
- I was a single parent until my son was 3 years old. In those 3 years I learned wonderful things:
- I am strong beyond belief
- The Universe always has my back and opens doors of opportunity when I can’t imagine how I will survive
- Angels live with us on Earth doing God’s work
- To never lose my faith
- I am madly in love with my husband, Bryan. We have been married since 1993 and each brought a son into our marriage. I think we did an amazing job of of blending our families and loving both boys as our “own”. It wasn’t a cake walk, but we were both committed to doing the tough work to heal our issues and came out stronger than ever on the other side.
- I am a grandmother and am quite blown away at how much I love my grandchildren. I think being a grandparent trumps being a parent.
- I am an animal lover. I have 2 dogs, 2 horses, and a really loud parrot.
- I am over the moon excited that I will be starting a 24-month equine facilitated Gestalt coaching certification program in early July. I will then be adding horses as my coaching partners.
- I consider myself to be a “foodie” and am the luckiest girl alive because Bryan is a fabulous organic gardener and chef.
- I love to travel and although sometimes a luxurious hotel is a wonderful treat; my favorite way to travel is to rent a house or villa in a neighborhood and immerse myself in the local culture. I love to explore places on foot so that I can truly experience the vibe of the area.
- I believe that my body is my temple and it houses my soul while I am on earth so I do my best to treat it kindly through clean, healthy eating, exercise, getting enough sleep, and I love essential oils as a tool for healing physical issues. I love yoga and Pilates and have recently discovered a new type of exercise I love called Piyo.
- I am a little bit cowgirl and a little bit Bohemian, hippy-artist chick.
- I love painting and it has been a wonderful healing tool for me to help me to learn to make peace and befriend my inner critic.
- I am told by many that I am one of the most optimistic, positive people they know.
- My go-to song when I need a dose of courage is Sara Bareilies’, “Brave”.
- I love life and savor each new day as a beautiful gift. I choose joy every day, even when I’m living in the midst of life events that bring me to my knees – and there have been many.